Reason behind Uprising: Communiqué to Mohammad bin al-Hanafiyyah

‘… and I am not taking up arms in order to make merry, or be ecstatic over what I possess. I am ready to fight for the sole goal of seeking reform of the ummah of my grandfather, the Prophet of Allah (saw). I want to enjoin good and forbid evil and guide the affairs of the people as my grandfather, and my father, Ali bin Abi Talib (a.s) , were doing. Whoever justly accepts my call, Allah is the Source and Sustainer of justice, but whoever turns my offer down, I will opt for patience, till Allah judges between me and these people, and He is the best of judges.”

Imam Hussein (a.s)

*Al-Watha’iq al-Rasmiyyah li-Thawrat al-Hussain, Abdul-Karim al-Qazwini, p.36. Quoted from Maqtal al-Khawarizimi

posted by: zaigham murtaza

1 comment:

AlbShia said...

Mashaallah, good work